About Me

My photo
Columbus, Ohio, United States
A project manager by day, but an outdoor enthusiast 24/7. Desired profession....KAYAKER! My boats include a red 14' Wilderness Systems Capehorn, an orange 11.5' Dagger Blackwater, and a lime green Dagger Approach 9'. One more boat and I think I qualify as a livery. My other toys include a Specialized Allez Sport road bike and a Jeep Wrangler to hold 'em all!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Meet the newest member of my 'yak family - Dagger Approach 9.0

Weighing in at 38 pounds, 9 feet tall, and a shiny lime green.  She's a crossover boat - cross between whitewater boat and a rec boat.  She joins her sisters, another Dagger - 11.5 foot Blackwater and a 14 foot WS Capehorn. 



After demoing her in a small pond in the hills of central New York, I just had to have her!  She turns on a dime and does track decently with the skeg down.  Although I've had my heart set on a Liquid Logic Remix, this boat is about $300 cheaper ($400 b/c I bought the demo).  I've been told the only real difference is the Remix has a better seat....not worth $300 extra. The lime green is growing on me...it probably glows in the dark too!

No comments:

Post a Comment