About Me

My photo
Columbus, Ohio, United States
A project manager by day, but an outdoor enthusiast 24/7. Desired profession....KAYAKER! My boats include a red 14' Wilderness Systems Capehorn, an orange 11.5' Dagger Blackwater, and a lime green Dagger Approach 9'. One more boat and I think I qualify as a livery. My other toys include a Specialized Allez Sport road bike and a Jeep Wrangler to hold 'em all!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hocking Hills Hike



Hocking Hills region is so close that a road trip this Memorial Day weekend was in order.

A picnic lunch at Fern Picnic area in Clear Creek Metro Park was the first stop.  We found a picnic table in the shade to get away from the 93 degree heat.  It was next to the creek and we could hear the sound of water splashing over the rocks.  We also saw a few bluebirds.  This area had about 4 picnic tables, several charcoal grills, and a clean & supplied portapot.  The drive down the side road off of route 33 is a pleasant lazy road.

 




After lunch, we headed to Old Man's Cave and Cedar Falls.  It was probably 20 degrees cooler in the caves!  Saw the cutest Jack Russell puppy on the trail.  I have more pix to add, including the JRT, but the blog won't let me add any more.  Will try again in a couple days.









No comments:

Post a Comment