About Me

My photo
Columbus, Ohio, United States
A project manager by day, but an outdoor enthusiast 24/7. Desired profession....KAYAKER! My boats include a red 14' Wilderness Systems Capehorn, an orange 11.5' Dagger Blackwater, and a lime green Dagger Approach 9'. One more boat and I think I qualify as a livery. My other toys include a Specialized Allez Sport road bike and a Jeep Wrangler to hold 'em all!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Amish Sawmill in operation - Wellington, Ohio


Yeah, this is not an outdoor activity that I partake in, but it was pretty interesting to see an Amish Sawmill in operation.  So I wanted to share.  My parent's neighbors hired the Amish to clear some trees on their property.  Dad and I rode the golf cart out back to the edge of the property line to view the setup.  They're up working around 6am, lunch at 10:30, quitting time at 2.  The work horses stay on the property for the 3 month duration of the project.   They kind of remind me of the Budweiser Clydesdale horses, but hauling logs instead of beer.



Per request, the pic of the horse (on left) sticking tongue out


7 comments:

  1. Wendy....great pics....love the horses....very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where's that one that's sticking his tongue out? (the horse I mean)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom's friend, PamNovember 1, 2010 at 2:53 PM

    Hi Wendy, sure enjoy all your blog postings. Do all the outdoor stuff you can while you can. Wish I could hike and run rivers like back in the day. I miss being out in nature. Your pictures are great too. I look forward to checking in on your site every so often to see what's new. That must be some land clearing project if they're going to be there three months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pam - Glad you like the posts. Well 40 is not too far off so I'm trying to stay active! Next visit up North, will have to get Mom out of the house and bring her to visit you. Would be good to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have the contact information of the Amish Sawmill?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you mind if iI use a few of these images? I sell Amish made furniture and I have not come across images these nice; I'd like to print a few for my office and website...I'm headed there in November, but it's not that pretty for photos that time of year...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a Amish person to make me shutters that go beside my windows outside

    ReplyDelete